Monday, January 10, 2011

Successful Trip . . .

For those who have been wondering why my blog hasn't been updated, it is because I did not update it during my recent "surprise" visit home. I've written about my journey home and back and will be posting that entry in the very near future. I arrived back in Afghanistan safely this morning (January 10th) at 0630. The trip back seemed much longer than I had remembered it.

Getting home for Christmas was incredible and I only wish I could have seen more family and friends. Unfortunately, 15 days went by very quickly. As you can imagine, I wanted to spend as much time as possible with Jim and the girls!

Thank you to all who made my Holidays the best possible! I am so grateful for all my family and friends. I am most fortunate to have a wonderful support system for Jim and the girls. They've managed incredibly (the house was clean and still standing - all are in one piece) and we now know that we only have a short time left to endure this deployment. I am most anxious to return home for good.....